Saturday, February 22, 2014

Floor plan & Upgrades

Our floor plan was so new that at first the brochure they gave us was wrong.  It was printed with a $12,000 upstairs upgrade on it.  We were pretty disappointed when we found this out and almost stopped going forward with Ryan Homes.  Luckily we found this out at the beginning though, but it was still annoying.  The difference was that they used above the garage space for the master bedroom and opened up the foyer, instead of having the 4th bedroom over the foyer.  It also gave a walk-in-closet off the master bathroom, which I wasn't a fan of.  It wasn't too much of a big deal, but I did like it a bit better (although not $12,000 better). 

Anyway I posted pictures of our exact floor plan below and here's a list of all our initial picks for upgrades:

-Garage Service Door ($995)
-Basement Egress Window ($1,295)
-Kitchen Island ($1,295)
-Sonoma Square maple linen Timberlake cabinets ($3,095 minus a $795 credit for old cabinets)
-Granite counter tops ($4,495)
-Stainless steel appliances ($1,495) (microwave, oven, and dishwasher)
-Fireplace ($3,395)
-Study doors ($995)
-Roman shower in master bath ($1,595)
-Double vanity in master bath ($995)
-Air conditioning ($3,495)
-Recessed kitchen lighting ($995)
-2-ceiling fan rough-ins ($450)
-Study light ($200)
-Scenic scape color scheme ($895 ->gave us free of charge as a bonus for us)





What was included in our neighborhood:

-Fairfield Square maple honey Timberlake cabinets ($795)
-Cabinet hardware finish satin nickel
-Upgraded bathroom cabinets to Fairfield Square maple honey Timberlake cabinets
-Dinning room light
-Foyer light
-Dinette light
-Hallway lights
-Large walk-in closet lights
-Bathroom lights
-Morning room ($16,495)

Note: Prices are specific to our model and our location.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your kitchen cabinets installed! Those are the ones that we chose, too. :) I hadn't heard of the model you are getting, but I love the layout. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kitchen cabinets are installed and they look so awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I can't believe more people don't chose white. I will post pictures of them later tonight! I love the pictures of the kitchen you saw on your blog! There was no Ryan Home models around here with white cabinets. Yeah our model is pretty new, but I think our models are a very similar layout. I think we picked the same siding color too, we love the granite color it looks beautiful!! All our neighbors with their tanish colors said they were jealous lol. Enjoy the process it's very exciting!

      Delete
  2. For years I have bought homes that need TLC we lived there while we fixed them up and sold them, I can relate with the price searching and stress. I love that I could finally have my dream home built and hopefully not have to "flip" this one for sometime!

    ReplyDelete