Saturday, February 22, 2014

Flooring Meeting

Our flooring meeting was pretty easy, seeing how I was picky and I already knew what I wanted.  Plus the only upgrade we didn't add to the initial papers was hardwood flooring (added $5,360).  I researched prices and they were similar to their prices, so instead of doing it ourselves we thought we might as well have them do it.  I convinced my husband to get hardwoods in the family room too because I wanted them in the dinette, foyer, and kitchen and there would be no easy break to them.  There would always be a square part of the carpet getting walked over every time you go from the dinette to the foyer and my thoughts were that the carpet would get ruined too quickly.  That was one downfall with this floor plan.  He just hates hardwoods in the family room because it makes it cold, but I told him I would buy him a nice fluffy area rug.  He agreed and so we got hardwoods in the family room, kitchen, dinette, foyer, and half bath.  I also knew I wanted white kitchen cabinets and black granite counter tops and my husband didn't care what we got there.  We both fell in love with the dark hardwood floors, and it was a plus that it matched our pups fur (Haha!).

For the bathrooms we just picked from what was standard.  We also picked from the standard carpets, figuring we could get better ones a few years down the road.  We picked black granite to go around the fireplace and wood hard rails to match the hardwood floors.

Maple Linen Cabinets, Dundee Mocha Strip Hardwood, Uba Tuba Granite Counters
Black Cherry Railing Stain, Baseline White Fox 106 Carpet
Baseline White Fox 106 Carpet, Initiator 66263 Laminate, and Maple Honey Bathroom Cabinets
Absolute Black Granite for Fireplace Surround



No comments:

Post a Comment