Friday, May 30, 2014

In other news

My parents are coming up tomorrow to see the house all framed and check it out to see if there is any issues.  My dad was a contractor and has an eye for things that we would never see.  We are so happy that they are coming to see the house before it's closed up.  They were going to go to the pre-dry wall meeting with us, but after I told my dad it would be insulated he said there really isn't a use for him to look at anything since it will be covered up.  I really wanted him to see it framed and inspect the house to make me feel safe, so they said they'd come up tomorrow to do that and I couldn't be more thankful!

Tomorrow we're also going to measure all the HVAC, electrical, plumbing, cable, and internet out and record it to keep for our records to know where things are behind our walls and ceilings.

Also, my husbands parents are coming up on Sunday to see the house and lot and everything.  This is the first time they will be seeing what we picked out and it will be very exciting to show them everything!  It should be a good weekend!

On a side note, the electrician called us this morning to clarify the light pre-wire over the island.  He wanted to know if we wanted it on a separate switch.  We were hoping it would be, so were glad he called and clarified it with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment